Sleep is Healing
Adequate sleep is recognized by the medical profession is the top priority for improving immunity and enhancing disease resistance.
The modern phenomenon is: medicine, medical science, food nutrition has improved, and while the number of births has increased, the number of diseases has increased, and the number of people with mental illness has increased.
2/3 of all Americans are reported to have sleeping trouble – this can cause high blood pressure, heart disease, heart attack, stroke, stress. The key is that too few people get adequate sleep at the right time! Too few people realize that the time rhythm is closely related to the strength of the human body’s immunity.
This is especially important as the majority of people infected with new coronavirus are middle-aged and elderly people, and people with heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, hepatobiliary disease, kidney, bladder disease, depression, stress, obesity and other chronic diseases, and young people who cannot sleep well.
In short, the most “at risk” individuals are those with insufficient sleep, immunity, and low resistance.
Natural Healing sleep method to help you get your best ZZZ’s……
What if I can’t sleep???
What if I have insomnia?
What if I have poor sleep quality?
What do I do if I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep?
There are specific natural healing sleeping methods to help you get your best ZZZ’s……
For all sleep problems, the simplest and most direct cause is the wrong energy direction! It must be changed. For individuals with poor sleep, it is because of chronic diseases, or emotions, stress, depression, the energy or breath, all gathered in the head. They need to change the direction of the energy from the mind/head down to the feet.
This is a simple exercise to bring the energy down.
Sleeping Method #1: Downdraft Method
Medical Qigong sleep method of sending energy down
- Lie on your back, arms to your side, with hands on your abdomen
- Relax and do abdominal breath visualizing the energy moving from your head down to your abdomen (A). Breath in and out
- Next relax your legs and visualize the energy moving from your abdomen down and out your feet. (B) Continue to breathe deeply until you drift off to sleep
Try “downdraft method” for two weeks and if you are still having sleep issues, the following are specific Natural Healing sleep methods to help you go to sleep and stay a sleep for a healthy lifestyle.
Sleeping Method #2:
The Taoist sleep method to balance visceral yin and yang
When you are ready to go to sleep:
1. Lie on your back, Press the soles of your feet completely together. Adjust to make sure your toes and heels are aligned.
2. Interlace your fingers, and place the palms over your bai hui point (center area of your head). Alternatively, you can place one wrist over the other with both palms facing up, and place the bottom wrist over your third eye. This is effective if you are experiencing headaches, dizziness.
3. Concentrate on your lower dantien or your feet to bring energy down.
4. Relax in this position as you continue to send energy down. Doing abdominal breathing, you can place hands on your abdomen.
By pressing your feet or hands together, you are connecting the yin/blood (right) and yang/qi (left) sides of your body to make a complete energy cycle. This position creates a circle of energy flowing in your upper body connected to a circle of energy flowing in your lower body, drawing the energy to move like the infinity sign/figure 8.
The goal is to supply oxygen to the various meridians and internal organs first, then balance blood and qi and then to relax internally and externally. This will help correct insomnia, trouble sleeping, and bad dreams. You can naturally fall asleep.
Sleeping Method #3: “Sleeping Buddha”
a “cleaning the mind” sleep method
As pictured below, lay on your right side. The Lao gong point, in the center of your palm corresponds to the heart.
- Place your ear, which corresponds to the kidney, on that point.
2. Your right leg is straight. Place your left foot on Spleen 6 (San Yin Jaio), where Spleen, Liver and Kidney meridians intersect, and then relax your left leg (left knee will be bent), down on top of the right leg.
3. Place your left palm on the side of your left glute – this is where Bladder, Gallbladder and Stomach meridians meet.
4. Let your mind concentrate on abdominal breathing. It brings the heart and kidney meridians together. You are bringing heart fire and water together to balance the energy in the body. If the fire (heart) and kidney (water) energy are not together, this creates sleeping problems. This pose helps connect the channels and helps the circulation of energy.
Sleeping Method #4: Relax and Win*:
Military sleeping method
- Start by relaxing the muscles in your face, including your tongue, jaw and the muscles around your eyes.
- With your eyes closed, take slow, deep breathes before dropping your shoulders as low as they’ll go and relaxing your upper and lower arms – one side after the other.
- Then, relax your chest followed by your legs, starting with your thighs and moving to your lower legs.
- Once your entire body has been relaxed for 10 seconds, it’s time to clear your mind of all thoughts. There are three ways this can be done:
• Visualize: Lying in a canoe on a calm lake, nothing but blue sky above you.
- As an alternative, you can also imagine snuggling in a black velvet hammock in a dark room.
- Saying “don’t think, don’t think, don’t think” over and over for ten seconds.
Let ’s work together to improve immunity and fight against the COVID-19 pandemic
Please share this information with your family, loved ones, and friends so together we can help more people cope with this pandemic!
With much good qi, Master Hong Liu
©Grandmaster Hong Liu April 2020